Friday, September 2, 2011

Quilt #2

So I have begun to cut quilt #2 (for my little man).  Although he is not so little anymore.  He starts kindergarden on Tues.  How time flies.  The pattern he chose for his quilt is not big enough for his bed, so I have to make more blocks than it calls for.  I hope I figured it out right.  I am planning on 77 block.  OIY!  And we had to buy some more fabric since after going through his stack of fabric he picked out last yr, he decided he didnt want three of them.  So this is what was left.
The bottom fabric (red baseball) will be for the binding.  I am hoping I have enough.

And so we took another trip to the fabric store.  He was so excited and found so many he liked.  But he was very clear with which ones were for his quilt.  This is what we ended up getting.
Birds, airplanes, dinosaurs, all so him!  Not sure why he picked the red, but he said he wanted it.  And that is what this quilt is all about.  What he wants.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment