Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What do I do?

I finally made time, and room to baste my Hungry Caterpillar quilt. 


Then I tackled this crazy task of quilting.  I had gone an bought a bunch of threads.  A special one for the back, and one to match the other colors of the quilt.



Aren't they beautiful?

So I started...and this happened...



Oh boy, is this gonna be a rough one.  I forgot to test my tension.  It is hard to tell in the picture but the bobbin thread can be seen on the top of the quilt!  :(    This made me very sad.  Had to dig out my seam ripper and start again.  I only did one blue square.  I don't think I even have a picture of that.  Then I decided to move onto the purple border that goes around all the blocks.  And then onto the purple pinwheels.  Here's what I ended up with.



I love how they are coming out but then I realized something...]


Do you see that puff that is forming in the middle of the pinwheel?

HELP ME!!!!

I wanted to quilt the polka dot fabric the same way as the purple but then it will puff up even more.

What do I do????

I really don't want to have to take all those stitches out and do a different pattern.   I just don't know if I can handle that.

Please. Please help me.

I am linking up today, here and here

(oh I wish I knew how to put your buttons here too.)

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any suggestions, for yo, but I feel your pain. You've asked some amazing women hopefully someone will be able to tell you what you need to do. I'm a hand quilter and don't usually get these issues. There's an option for you!

    ReplyDelete