Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival, #2


AmysCreativeSide.com
 
This is my second entry to the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

Thank you Amy from AmysCreativeSide for hosting and coordinating this amazing event.


This is my first Angel Quilt.  I made it to sell, and donate all of the profits to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  I am part of a group of family & friends called Joshua's Angels. The group name was created for the team walking in the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis.  Joshua is a 5yr old boy, diagnosed with CF at 11 days old.
One weekend, while he was in the hospital for an infection he could not shake, I was feeling very helpless. I came up with the idea to make quilts and sell them to benefit him.  It would be my way of helping a little bit more.  With this quilt I was able to donate $110 to CFF.

 


 
It is machine pieced and quilted by me.  Measures approximately 45"x54". Made of 100% cotton, with 100% organic cotton batting.  The patchwork top is Comma by Zen Chic for Moda. The border, Kona Bone. The binding, Kona Tangerine.  It is backed in a moss green, with an almost paisley-like print, from Joanns.
 

Is he not the cutest kid ever?? And with my favorite quilt, makes these pictures all the more special to me.

 
He is an amazing little boy with a huge heart. With a family that is doing all they can to find a cure for him.
 
I ended up making a second quilt just like this one, but a different patchwork layout.  It was to be given to Joshua's family the day of the walk, but I was unable to finish it.  What ended up happening, a long, complicated story, is that I gave this quilt to them.  They were so suprised and so happy. Joshua's Dad absolutely loves this one.  And his Mom too.
 

 
Look at the smile on Dad's face.  Priceless.
 
I am so blessed to have such amazing friends.  So much love was sewn into this quilt.

3 comments:

  1. What a great quilt! I love the Comma Fabrics. What great work you are doing for CF and that sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic thing to do for such a special little guy! Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and a lovely story. Quilts are filled with so much love and care, especially when made for charity or a gift.

    ReplyDelete