Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival

It has been a while since I have posted.  I have been very busy making my Angel Quilts.  It is time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  What a better time to get back to blogging!! 
AmysCreativeSide.com
This year we are allowed to enter two quilts. And I know just the two.  Here is the first, entered into the  Baby Quilt catagory
 I made this quilt for a friend who had a baby six weeks early.  When I heard, I just had to make something for her.  So I asked her what her favorite colors were (pink and orange, oh and green she said), bought fabric and got to work. I was able to put this together in four days.  Tried to get it to her before they left the hospital but with the baby in the NICU it was difficult.  I ended up giving it to her at a baby shower that our work had for her.  Mom and Dad love it. 
 
It is very simple but love how it came out.  I used the pattern Around the Block that I found on pinterest.
 
The back is a pill free fleece. It will be super cozy when she gets a little bit bigger and can snuggle with it.  
 
  This picture isn't that great. I think I took it on my cell phone, but I wanted to you be able to see the target quilting design that I used, a little bit better. The binding isnt even on it here.
 
And a quilt roll, one of my favorite pictures...
 
 And how can we not have a picture with Baby E?
(hehe - that's what mom calls her on fb)
 And check out this smile.  She is a doll.


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty but oh, my! That little one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to make a quilt in this style. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great quilt! Love your spiral quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt!! Such happy bright colours and fun quilting! No wonder the very cute model looks so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What a lucky baby. Smiles-Beth

    ReplyDelete